Friday, March 11, 2011

Tsunami Hits North Eartern Japan

This afternoon, a message came to my friend's cell phone. It's about tsunami in Japan. I shortly browsed the information. I keep on looking for the information. Tsunami hits Japan after 8.8 magnitude earthquake. Until now, fifteen people reported died. I do not know the real amount but the news I read in BBC said so.

There are many things which happen there that really have our concern. One of my friend's friends has a sister that are having a baby birth. I hope that they are okay: the mom, the baby and their family. We search the information from the internet and we watch the video. There are many cars and ships are swept away by the flood. Here is some information from BBC:
A massive earthquake has hit the north-east of Japan, triggering a tsunami that has caused extensive damage.
Japanese television showed cars, ships and even buildings being swept away by a vast wall of water after the 8.9-magnitude earthquake.

The quake has sparked fires in several areas including Tokyo, with at least 15 people reported dead.

It struck about 250 miles (400km) from the capital at a depth of 20 miles. There have been powerful aftershocks.

The tremor hit at 1446 local time (0546 GMT). Seismologists say it is one of the largest earthquakes to hit Japan for many years.
A tsunami warning was extended across the Pacific to include the Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Hawaii, the Pacific coast of Russia and North and South America.

Strong waves hit Japan's Miyagi and Fukushima prefectures, officials said, damaging dozens of coastal communities. Kyodo news agency said a 10-metre wave (33ft) struck the port of Sendai in Miyagi prefecture.
Japan's NHK television showed a massive surge of debris-filled water sweeping away buildings, cars and ships and reaching far inland.

Motorists could be seen trying to speed away from the wall of water.
Farmland around Sendai was submerged and the waves pushed cars across the runway of the city's airport.
Kyodo said at least 15 people had been killed in the earthquake and tsunami. It was believed the death toll could rise significantly.

And these are the pictures taken in the area. I got it from the internet too :)





I only learn one thing from this event. It is that when the disaster come, even money can't help you. How hard you try, you can't buy life. Your life is so precious. I mean, it could be you! The reporter also informs us that Japan tsunami will hit Indonesia too this evening. It will happen approximately about 6 p.m or it could be at 8 p.m. It is 6 p.m. now and the rain is still going on. I can't go home so I write this in my office.

I still can hear the car alarm out there and also the rain falls. I hope that everything will be okay. Let's pray.



regards,


2 comments:

Jenny said...

I really hope that Indonesia will not be hitted again by a Tsunami! Let us know what have happened and whether you could get home safe.

Mitsuhashi said...

I hope that Indonesia will not be hit again. I live in Utsunomiya. I'm working at Tokyo. Definitly, I scared by Earthquake, Tsunami and aftershocks. But damaging Nuclear plants is worst scare.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/photos/slideshow/japan-photos.html

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20110329/twl-new-footage-of-tsunami-engulfing-jap-41f21e0.html

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am very excited to read your comments. Make yourself at home.