Monday, July 6, 2009

Loving is Forgiving

The first time we met them, we were happy. The first time we communicated with them, everything seemed good. We showered them with gentleness. We kissed them. We hugged them. We shared times with them. We understood them. We forgave them. We made a joke with them. Years after years gone by and everything become clear. They are not as perfect as we think. How do you feel?

Commonly, after we know deeper about someone, we find it difficult to show our care and love. It is difficult to say, "I love you". It is also difficult to say, "I forgive you". It is easier to say, "You used not to be like this!" or "I hate you" or just simply "Huh!!" We feel right and they are all wrong.

What does God teach us when we pray?

And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. Matthew 6:12 (KJV)

When we can not forgive ourselves, we can not forgive others. When we can not forgive others, we can not love them. This is true! If you say you love someone but you do not forgive them, that's fake!

For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you." Luke 6:38 (KJV)

I am learning to forgive and forget. Yes, this is difficult for me but if I do not learn to forgive, how can I love others? If God forgive me, I should forgive others.

Now, I try to control my emotions. Yes, I am weak and I can't do it myself, but I am trying to make a good relationship with them around me. I am learning day by day and hope that I will be better than yesterday. I love my parents and I try to contact them whenever I have spare time. I ask them what they are doing and how they are. I ask my brother too about his study. I am far away from them but I keep my love. I do not want it to be fade away. I try to discuss many things with them and listen to them.

When something happened and I feel like they hurt me, I try to hold the emotion and after I close the phone, I pray. I ask God to control my emotion. I do not want to keep the anger. I do not want to keep the disappointment. I ask God to erase it. I say to God that I want to love them. I said "God, please help me. I do not want to hurt them. Please help me. Control my emotion."

It takes time but I am enjoying the process. I believe that sooner or later, I will have better relationship with my family and friends. I will grow up in Him and I will enjoy Him more.

regards,


1 comment:

Denise said...

God will guide you sweetie.

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am very excited to read your comments. Make yourself at home.