Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bestfriend Erase The Gaps

She was about 6 feet and 6 inches. She had long black hair and white skin. She is beautiful and calm. One word to describe her would be gorgeous. She was my classmate in junior high school. It was in 1997. That was the first time I met her and introduced each other. She used too long skirt and socks. I thought that this girl must be one of those nerd society.

One semester passed and I found out that she is really rich. Her father works in a real estate industry and her mother sells jewelry. They had many dogs from many breeds. They had five maids at home and one or two drivers. They had two cars. Everything seemed really perfect. She is perfect and so does her family.

Let me see what I have. I was not that tall. I had a very long black hair and I was fat. I was not beautiful and I was prude. One word to describe me would be so yesterday. My father has no industry at all. He is just a worker. A very good worker, or may I say it, he is the best worker you have ever met. My mother is a housewife so she does not produce money. She cooks and takes care of my father, my brother and me. We do not have maid at home. We share household chores. We once had ever had a car but it had been sold.

That lucky girl now is a wife of a famous lawyer in this country. She has just born her first little sweet daughter. Her daughter is, of course, as gorgeous as her. She has her own house which is designed by herself. Have I told you that she is a designer? She studied abroad and got her bachelor degree there. She made friends with many people from many countries. How good it is.

We are still connected until now. We still have a close conversation and encourage each other. We sing together and dance together. We do many crazy things together. We have fun together. We cry together and we laugh together. I see my calendar and it has been many years now since the first time I met her. We trust each other and we never try to disappoint each other. We tolerate each other and we solve the problem together. We are a good best friend ever.

Once, our friend had ever created an issue to break our relationship. They spread bad gossip about me. They said that I made friend with her just to get her money. They said that I envy her. I know that is wrong. I do not have that feeling at all. I love her as my own sister and there is no such idea in my mind. Fortunately, I explained it to her and she believed me.

The truth is, when she is happy, I am happy and vice versa. Until now, I can not see the gaps between both of us. Those gaps already gone since the first time I said, "Hi! I am Ika" and she replied me with, "Hi! I am Mayang".

regards,


8 comments:

Denise said...

Sweetie, I am very sorry that you are missing your family, and are feeling so stressed. I am sending you great big hugs, many prayers, and much love my friend.

Joyfulsister said...

Aloha Devita,
Thank you for sharing your heart with me today on my blog, it is always a blessing to meet new friends in our blogging journeys. I enjoyed reading your post today and I hope you come to visit again, I know I will !!

Blessings Lorie

Anonymous said...

hiks ... terharu...... i'll always love you my bestfriend ..*you know who am i..

Jiewa said...

what a beautiful relationship.. :)
She's so lucky to have you as her friend Ika ..

devita said...

Thank you sister Denise. Love you bunches.

Hi Joyful sister! I love your blog and I will surely visit your blog again.

Hi Mayang, I know that is you :D. Thank you for coming :D love you so much.

Hi Jiewa! I am also lucky to have her as my best friend:D

Jenny said...

It is such a nice friendship story of you and Mayang. I am lucky for you both that you are friends! Keep up our friendship forever!

Uncle Lee said...

Hello Devita, It is not so much our friends' help that helps us, as the confidence of their help.

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.

The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.

We who are here without parents or close loved ones treat friends from the same country as brothers and sisters.
You have a great week, best regards, Lee.

Yuliana-Fun said...

wuaah untunglah dia percaya yak... itulah gunanya teman yak!

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am very excited to read your comments. Make yourself at home.