Wednesday, May 20, 2009

German Measles

Yup! I have been infected by German measles since last week. Actually I never thought that I would severe this disease because I usually getting itchy when I touch something dirty. Yes, I have an allergic to dust and cold. But now, since many of my friend suggested me to meet the doctor, I followed their suggestion. And, Voila! German measles it is!

So, I want to share several information about it. Thanks to mr.sexy, he gave me this information as soon as I recognize this disease.

German measles is caused by a virus and is spread by fine droplets of moisture. The droplets are produced when the infected person coughs, sneezes or even talks. Whoever inhales thes droplets will be infected.

Here are the symptoms:
- slight fever sometimes accompanied by a runny nose
- swollen glands behind the ears and around the neck
-loss of appetite (unfortunately I do not get this symptom)
- sore throat
- rash that starts on the face and then spreads to the body. This rash usually lasts for about 3 days.

German measles is contagious and will require an incubation period of 14- 21 days.

Once you get this disease, you will not get it again. Infected people will not require any medical treatment as it gets better on its own. But if you are pregnant and you get german measles, you should visit your doctor immediately.

Anyway, I also wondering why do I keep getting sick these days. One thing I learn here is we can not depend on somebody else nor ourself, we must depend on God for He is almighty and He is great. Do not negotiate, just follow Him. I negotiated with Him and it did not make everything change into what I want. Just follow what He want and everything will run better than we thought.

Ps: sis fida, I have read your comment but since I use my cellphone, I still can not do it. But i would say thank you for the tag. I will do it as soon as I find a computer. Lol. Wish me luck.

Sister Denise from shortbearys place, I really appreciate everything you give to me. Your encouraging words keep me on track. Thank you very much. I love you.
Thank you all.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Ika devita


4 comments:

Denise said...

Sorry you have been sick sweetie, love you.

Tony said...

hi sis lama tidak ada kabar? :) how r u selama ini ?

Jenny said...

Oh, sweetheart, I am sorry you are having it. I had it in the winter of 1984 when I was 6 years old and it was horrible for me. Hope you will get through it soon. Hugs, Jenny

Jenny said...

PS: Although they are called "German measles" in English, I want to say I did not send them to you LOL ;-)

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am very excited to read your comments. Make yourself at home.