Sunday, February 8, 2009

Spiritual Sunday

Hi! Its spiritual Sunday again. If you would like to join, find the link on my sidebar. It is on my blog's family, the picture is two singing birds. Enjoy!

Matthew 11:28 (KJV)
"Come to Me, all [you] who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light

Matthew 11:28 (The Message Bible)
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Matthew 11: 28-30 (NLT)
Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light."

I have nothing to say. I need to take a rest.


regards,


9 comments:

Beautiful Pear Tree Lane said...

HI Devita,
Yes what wonderful rest we find in the arms of Jesus,this is such a great post. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

char72 said...

Hi Devita. I'm so glad you chose to join us. This is a wonderful scripture and it is so helpful to read it in different versions.
Have a good day.
Charlotte

ginger at enchanting cottage said...

What great scriptures! I'm so glad that you shared them here today.
Ginger

Dixie's Whimsey said...

thanks for the sweet blessing. Dixie

Smilingsal said...

Rest in Him. Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday

Janet said...

Thank you for letting Scripture speak so profoundly, and for reminding us to rest. Have a blessed and holy Sabbath day!

Clif said...

Very refreshing to just read the Word of God without comment. Thank you for your post. I am very familiar with these verses but I always feel better when I read them.

Karen @ Arise and Shine said...

Reading His Word is so refreshing.
Thanks for sharing-

Walking on Sunshine... said...

Oh how often we forget to just rest and let the Lord take care of things!! Thanks for the beautiful verses!

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am very excited to read your comments. Make yourself at home.