Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Gathering at The Well - Titus 2: 2-5


Titus 2: 2-5,


2 Teach the older men to be temperate, worthy of respect, self-controlled, and sound in faith, in love and in endurance.

3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.

4 Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,

5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

_________________________

Well, after I read this, the first respond I made was a shocked. Lol. I am so ashamed. First of all, I am not reverent at all, I am .. wait, I am not drinking wine. I don’t drunk. Lol. And to teach what is good. Well, I am lack of it. I can not train the younger women, wait, I haven’t married, I have no experience about it, about how to love the husband and the children. I can’t control myself, I am not pure, I am busy at home, but the question is not “are you busy?” or whatsoever but the fact, I think the question should be “you are busy doing what?” So, combining all of those real facts, of course, I got a sentence: I am a mess. Oh no! Have I made someone malign the word of God? Oh God, I am so sorry. I am a mess.

My goal now would be my characters. I realize that I have several bad characters and I need God to get rid of it. I learn and learn every day to get better. I want God keeps fulfill me with Him so that I am not me anymore. Only by Him added on me, I could change. I need Him to wash my whole bad character and change it into His character by Him. It’s only Him, not else.


regards,


2 comments:

Jiewa said...

Nobody's perfect, only God is perfect. So, I think .. having a bad character is not that 'bad' :D

char72 said...

God knows our hearts. He knows if we want to please him or not. He will help us if we ask him with sincerity. God bless you as you strive to be what he wants you to be.
Charlotte

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am very excited to read your comments. Make yourself at home.