Monday, November 24, 2008

Be Thankful


IT IS EASY TO GIVE THANKS when everything is going well. But how easy is it to give thanks when we are low in the valley?

This week's discussion questions:
#1- How do you give thanks during difficult times?
#2 - Share with your readers a testimony of how God brought you thru a difficult time.
#3 - What is the most memorable Thanksgiving you have experienced?

PSALM 100:4 "Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name."

This is interesting since I have many experiences according to this topic. I learn a lot about this lately and I still want to learn more and more each day.

It is really difficult to give thanks during a difficult day. I learn it first by having a positive thinking. I have many experience where I can not get what I want and I get disappointed. But that experience brings me to another part of my life which I am really thankful that I did not get what I want.

God's plan is the best for us. I believe in that. He could see things more than what we see. He brings us to the way he thinks and He makes it possible for us to go through it.

One day I was very upset because my printer did not work. I had to print my thesis since it was due to its deadline. I remembered that was mad at that moment. Then Mr. Sexy told me to be thankful to God. I said to him "How can I be thankful? This is not good! I haven't printed it yet. I can't take it anymore" But He said, " God is good. Everything will be okay. You must be thankful. There must be a way out".

I was thankful in a hard way. In fact, I say it tough. The strange thing is, nothing had happened. I was expecting a surprising miracle and magical things happens to my printer, but it did not happen. My father woke up and asked my brother to find a cheap printing service. It was in the middle of the night at that moment and they were gone to find it.

They found it!

After that, I prepared everything and I went to that printing service. I know that I was very exhausted at that moment but then I went with my brother. After I got there. They had the same problem with me. Their printer did not work too. Learning from the first experience, I was thankful. After 30 minutes repairing the printer, it worked again. So I printed all the thesis.

After that, I went to find a photocopy service to duplicate my thesis. it was 2 a.m in the morning. I almost felt from the vehicle - we used motorcycle - but my brother held me tight. I was saved. We arrived at the copy center and I did what I should do.

Finally, I can submit my thesis right on time. I know that there is no glancing miracle happened to the printer or the copy center, but there is one gift I received from that experience. The love of my family. Realize it or not, I often doubt it. I often think that they do not care about me. They only love my brother but not me. Now I do not think like that again, since I know that they do love me. They will do anything to help me even they have to wake up in the middle of the night to find the best printing service for me. Miracle is not always can be seen, but it can also be felt. And those are one of my experiences. How about you?

regards,


9 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

How sweet to discover that they do love you! I know you feel all warm and cozy with that knowledge. Bless your heart! Wonderful post.

Betsy Markman said...

Sounds like your experience truly was a blessing in disguise. Thanks for sharing.

LAURIE said...

Isn's it awesome to know that God even cares about the small things like a broken down printer! Thanks for sharing your grateful heart with us today over AT THE WELL! -Blessings, Laurie

LauraLee Shaw said...

Yup, it's a fact. God is in the small stuff too. Thanks for sharing!

momstheword said...

Your circumstances didn't change, but your heart did. It learned to be at peace and trust the Lord to work it out.

My brothers had a tight bond and I, too, used to feel like maybe I didn't mean very much to them, because they kind of ignored me. God showed me, too, that they did love me. I'm so glad He has assured you of the love of your brothers as well. God bless you!

Patty Wysong said...

What a wonderful testimony, Devita! God cares so much and He takes care of the details!

Tha said...

what a good post, thanks for sharing icha :)

Devita said...

Hi all! I am thankful that you came here to read my postings, thank you very much. I am also blessed by your writings. Love you all!

Have a great day!

-G- said...

Icha this is a very powerful entry, I have had the same experience as yours. Sometimes God let us through something difficult so we can see the real blessings (^_^) How true.

GBU!

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am very excited to read your comments. Make yourself at home.