Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Words We Speak


It’s time for “At The Well”. This is my first time joining this meme. It’s created by Chelsey at Joyfully Living for His Glory. The topic I chose to discuss this week is The Words We Speak.

Do the words you speak reflect your reverence for Christ?

Oh this is the hardest part to answer…lol.. Since I still speak what I want to speak. I know that The Bible said,

So the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes the mute, the deaf, the seeing, or the blind? [Have] not I, the LORD?
"Now therefore, go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say."
Exodus 4:11-12 (KJV)

But sometimes it is really hard for me to just speak what he wants and put Him on my first priorities. I must learn to put my ego above His words. This is quite difficult. But there must not be reasons to do this, because reasons only block me from the goal I want, and might be the purpose I want.

May the LORD cut off all flattering lips, [And] the tongue that speaks proud things,
Who have said, "With our tongue we will prevail; Our lips [are] our own; Who [is] lord over us?"
Psalm 12: 3-4 (KJV)

May the Lord put this word in my heart so I can apply it in my everyday life as lessons to learn. You know, actually when we have a really close relationship with Him, we will automatically do what He wants and hate what He dislikes. It is not because we decided to hate or love it; it is because He keeps adding His element to our life. He fulfills us with Him so everything which we think is impossible for us to do it, it become possible because we do it with His strength.

Would you consider your speech to be self-controlled and pure?

Lol… not at all.. Oh no! There is so many things I must learn from this. The realization of my life is not as good as that. I learn how to be self controlled, I learn how to be pure and I learn how to keep my sanity. Lol.. It’s a never ending life cycle I must learn.

We must avoid a deceitful tongue, because God hate this. As we read on Psalm 52: 5,

God shall likewise destroy you forever; He shall take you away, and pluck you out of [your] dwelling place, And uproot you from the land of the living. (KJV)

That’s the punishment of the deceitful tongue. The amazing thing is we sometimes forget it and pretend that it is okay for saying something bad about others. Sometimes we also didn’t realize that we hurt others so bad because of the words that came out from our lips. It is like a sharp sword which could cut them into pieces. Keep hurting people just to satisfy ourselves is not cool at all. Shall that words remains in your heart.

We could use our tongue for good purposes and bad purposes. Which one will we choose? James 3: 8-10 said:

But no man can tame the tongue. [It is] an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God.Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.

Which one will we choose? I think we have our own answer for this.

Now, since I really like the way Laurie Ann’s summaries it all, here is her definition of SPEAKING:

S - self-control is so important in guarding the words we speak
P - pray about the words you say, do they honor God, do they honor others
E - expect fallbacks - we are not perfect, but we can be forgiven
A - always count to 10 before you share something or respond to something "questionable"
K - kindness goes such a long way in setting an example for others to follow
I - invite God to be your mouthpiece before you begin your day
N - notice the speech of those around you - it can rub off on you
G - grumbling mouths are a sign of grumbling hearts

Thank you, Laurie. May all of you have a great blessed day today!

Have a nice day all!


regards,


2 comments:

Tony said...

speakingnya keren

hazel eyes said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am very excited to read your comments. Make yourself at home.