Friday, September 26, 2008

Proverbs 31: Shattering the Myths

Father, you are the love of my life. The one true love that adores me even with all of my faults. I want to honor you. I want to bring glory to your name for your sake. If I have sinned, Father, I ask your forgiveness and I know that you are faithful and just to forgive me. I pray that as I read your word today that you would give me revelation intended for me to apply to my life to glorify you. I ask that you break any strongholds that may be attached to my thinking and make me new. I pray for a refreshing from your word. Open the eyes of my heart. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Don't curious, that's the prayer to open the study...lol..

Okay, these are the verses we will use at this study:

Proverbs 31
1 The sayings of King Lemuel—an oracle[fn1] his mother taught him:
2 “O my son, O son of my womb,O son of my vows,
3 do not spend your strength on women,your vigor on those who ruin kings.
4 “It is not for kings, O Lemuel—not for kings to drink wine,not for rulers to crave beer,
5 lest they drink and forget what the law decrees,and deprive all the oppressed of their rights.
6 Give beer to those who are perishing,wine to those who are in anguish;
7 let them drink and forget their povertyand remember their misery no more.
8 “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves,for the rights of all who are destitute.
9 Speak up and judge fairly;defend the rights of the poor and needy.”
10 A wife of noble character who can find?She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in herand lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still dark;she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.
16 She considers a field and buys it;out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
31 Give her the reward she has earned,and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

and this

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Well, i have read all and i have focused in it, but i don't know, seems like i didn't get much like others get. but here is in my mind about this:

1. Why people think that this is about Bathsheba? I need more guidance on this, because i swear, i have no idea about this.

2. Compared to Matthew 6:33, When we are looking for the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, He could fill us up with Him. He is added on us and we will reflect him in our life. Why? lets say we have a transparent glass. Fill the glass with honey. What do you see? Next, pour the honey to the cup and wash the glass. Now fill the glass with water. What do you see? The glass will show you what is in it. Because the glass is filled by the water, it show water. When the glass is filled with honey, it shows honey.

This will change us as a wise woman that we're longing for. The point I get here is to put God's business above all, then let the rest come to us. Because in facts, when we put God as our first priority, the rest will flow easily. He will fulfill us with Him and He is The One who does everything for us. I once have ever experience this kind of thing. When i pursue Him as everything, i still have many problems and i am still a human being which could be offended easily, but the weirdest thing is, i have no desire to be evil. He take me over the problems and he give me peace. I can act wisely and i haven't been like that before this. How to be a woman who brings good, not harm,all the days of her life and respect her family, especially her husband. This is not easy to do, but with the power of God, we will be able to do it. He will add all to us, just at the time when we need it.

Anyway, i really touched by this verses i give you below:

Pro 31:23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
Pro 31:26
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
Pro 31:27
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Pro 31:28
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
Pro 31:30
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Pro 31:31
Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
It says anything about obedient. How the wife respect her spouse and how it could make her spouse respected by others. I really want to accomplish this. I realize that i am not that kind of girl who could obey to others easily, but i still want to learn. Since i haven't married yet, i will practice it to my family first...lol..

Well, i am still a beginner, so I open my heart to all of your sharing and thought. Join our "In Pursuit of Proverbs 31" with Amy.

Thank you very much.



regards,


3 comments:

Karen Zemek, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

I really like this passage about a Godly woman and how you mention Matthew 6:33 about seeking the kingdom of God first. I think this is the first time I visited your blog, but plan to be back. I like what I see.

Since you are not married my only advice is that when you do seek a man to marry, be wise and choose one that you would be willing to submit to.

JED-ReVoLuTiA said...

pembahasan yang bagus

Amy B said...

Ddevita, you are so right! We must out our devotion and relationship to Christ above all else.

I'm so glad that you are a part of the study!

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am very excited to read your comments. Make yourself at home.