Outside The Book Thinking
Here are his outside the book thinking:
1. It’s better to deserve honors and not to have them, than to have them and not deserve them. Mark Twain
2. It is much wiser to invest in the future, than to borrow from it.
3. To change you must want something else more than you what you now have. AA
4. Woman to husband. Sure I spend more than you make. I have confidence in you. Lockhorns
5. A young couple sat in a restaurant. The woman looked bored. Sensing something wrong, but eager to please her, the young man said, Look we’ve talked a lot about me. Let’s talk about you. What do you think of me?
6. People in AA have a saying that we are only as sick as our secrets.
7. There are two kinds of people: Balcony people and Basement people (Those who say, “Come on up”; or those who say “Come on down”)
8. There are two kinds of people: Here I am people; There you are people.
9. Some people make a list of things they need to do and consider the job done.
10. You can learn more from your critics than your admirers.
11. A good friend is someone who brings out the best in you.
12. An education is of value to the extent that it protects us from the opinions of educated people.
13. What is important is not who is right– but what is right
14 It’s not so much a matter of how busy you are, but why you are busy. The bee is praised. The mosquito is swatted.