Saturday, September 27, 2008

Conformed To This World


In what ways have you “conformed to this world” in your own life? Then, share the story of how God worked through you to “renew your mind” in that situation.

Ouw.. it’s like everything are bad on me. I could easily conform in many ways. I like to be a good person like my friend and I focused on it, but it ruins me. I want to be perfect like the others, but it brings me down. I like to be a patient person like my best friend and I use my own power to do it, I failed. I want to be cool like my plastics friends, I couldn’t afford it. Lol…

It seems like we have many things to be conformed to this world. When we chase anything outside God, it will happen. I do it often and God always brings me back to Him, focusing to what He wants again. Actually that makes me ashamed, but I still do it. Well, one my ways to refresh me is get along with it, find a good “normal” friend who also ignores the glance in this world and have the same goal to do what God’s want without ignoring our duty as a human. Finding the right friends is good. Just like what God said:

Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
2 Timothy 2:22


regards,


6 comments:

HisFireFly said...

Well done. You begin to realize that we cannot change ourselves, only God by His Holy Spirit can do that work in us!

Blessings.

Toknowhim said...

Thanks for participating today. I liked your honesty. Keep pursuing God :)

~~Devita~~ said...

Hi All! Wow Kim! you are here:D
thank you very much for your visiting. have a great day!

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
2 Timothy 2:22

That's a very convicting verse.

Good Post!

Kindest Thoughts,
Esthermay

a woman found said...

"When we chase anything outside God, it will happen. I do it often and God always brings me back to Him, focusing to what He wants again"- Amen!

Thanks for stopping by my blog too! :)

Have a great sunday!

Hopeful Spirit said...

We always have to rely upon a power greater than ourselves. Excellent reminder!

And you have a lovely site.

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am very excited to read your comments. Make yourself at home.