Friday, April 11, 2008

Addicted to tea

Several weeks lately, I drink tea everyday. I never missed one single day. Actually i never realize it until my mom said. " Don't drink too much tea -with too much sugar- you become fat now"
.
.
.
.
.
!!!!!!!!!!!
.
.
.
.
Then I took the time to think about it. Well, i really addicted to it. Yesterday, i tried to avoid drinking tea. I always drink tea in the morning after my breakfast. I made it! I did not drink morning tea.......but i couldn't bear it. And when the night come, I drank it. I still remember, it was 10 p.m. yesterday. ough....! Am i really can not stay away from tea?!?!
.
.
.
.
I do not know which effect scared me. Whether it about my weight or my health. Some people says that tea is good for your health, while some of them disagree with that. "It is GREEN tea which is good for your health, not tea"
.
.
.
.
??????
.
.
.
.
-i suddenly hungry-
.
.
- i mean now, when i am typing this posting-
.
.
-forget it-
.
.
Feeling curious, i try to find the information about tea. Here what they say:
.
.
Tea boasts rich amounts of naturally occurring compounds called flavonoids. Scientists believe it may be these compounds that could account for the lower risk of cancer and heart disease among tea drinkers. In part, flavonoids work as antioxidants – the substances that protect cells from troublemaking particles called free radicals. Free radicals are highly reactive molecules that can damage the body at the cellular level leaving the body susceptible to cancer, heart disease and other degenerative diseases. read more...
.
------------------------------
.
Some experts argue that the caffeine in tea can pose a problem. Others argue that it stains the teeth or upsets the stomach. A few decades ago, medical study suggested that some types of herbal tea might be carcinogenic, along with the artificial
sweeteners found in many processed brands. read more...
.
-------------------------------
.

Tea is the dried plant Camelia sinensis. True tea includes black, green, white and olong teas. Drinking two or more cups of tea a day can provide many health benefits. read more...

-------------------------------

Americans are hooked on caffeine. Ninety percent consume it in one form or another every single day. Over half consume more than 300 milligrams of caffeine every day. It is our nation’s most popular drug. It is in coffee, tea, cola, chocolate, and a variety of other things. Caffeine is an addictive drug. It operates on the brain, using the same mechanisms as amphetamines, cocaine, and heroin to stimulate the brain. Although it is milder than the others, it is manipulating the same channels. This is one of the reasons it is addictive. read more...

-----------------------------

So, I think, i will drink tea without sugar. At least it doesn't cause me more fat.


2 comments:

sontoloyo said...

teh itu baik untuk kesehatan selama di minum dalam batas kewajaran.
Dan plis deh jangan pake gula banyak2...nanti diabeters..

kalau secangkir sehari sih masih ga apa2....

kalau 2 atau lebih baru boleh worry karena teh itu menghambat enzim apa gitu...lupa.

~~Devita~~ said...

ouw... ok..k.. makasih yah dokter sontoloyo... ayo yang mau berobat dateng aja ke forum.cross-written.com

wakakaka..promosi..

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am very excited to read your comments. Make yourself at home.