Thursday, February 14, 2008

Love Is In The Air


What is very interesting thing in February? Yes! It's Valentine’s Day!

Many people consider Valentine's Day as a day when we express our love and care to others. Males give flowers and females give chocolates. It’s a habitual activity every February, 14th. When I crossed the street last night, I saw many of pink stuffs around me. The Malls and markets offers variety gift in pink. Why pink? Many says that pink is a favourite colours of females. Somehow, I disagree with this statement. I once had a little conversatioin about it with my friend from Germany. They said that every colour is the same. Pink is not identical with female and blue is not identical with male. They even do not like pink. So, they are wondering why almost all Indonesian female they know love pink. Me, myself, I love pink, but the soft one. It is not because pink refers to love or something, but it is more because it is soft and I like soft colours.

Anyway, from the site I read, Valentine’s or love actually has many simbols on it. We usually use this simbols to give greetings, etc. They are Heart, Ribbons, Laces, Frills, Cupid, The Rose, Hands, Doves and Love Birds, Puzzik, Rebus and Love Knots. Learn more about these simbols.

Valentine’s itself was called from the name of a priest who had been killed because of his effort to struggle the love between coulpes at 269 A.D. It was Emperor Claudius II who ruled Rome. He once wanted to have many armies. Yet he could not turn it into reality because husbands did not want to leave their wifes, and vise versa. Claudius was very upset and then he cancelled all the marriages and engagement in Rome.

Saint Valentine was a priest there in Roma. He could not stand the rule. So, he kept helped the couple to get married. Then the poor day was come. He got caught by the soldiers and got into jail. The Prefect of Rome condemned him to be beaten to death with clubs and to have his head cut off. Many young people came and throw flowers to him. They did that to show him that they believed in love too, just like he did. Then he met a prison guard’s daughter, who also throwed the flower. They made friend and often talked for hours. She helped his spirit up. When he was to die, he wrote a letter for her, thanking for her loyalty and friendship. He signed the letter “Love from your Valentine”. Then he died at February 14, 269 A.D.

Nowadays, people recognize February, 14th as a Valentine’s Day. It is the day we show our love and care to others. Just like today, my friend Felix and Indri gave me chocolates this morning. (Felix and Indri, thank you for the chocolates……). Chocolate somehow is not the symbol of love. I also disagree with them who say that just like chocolate, love is sweets. I don’t think so, but I really apreciate it.

I found a nice poem which I think unique but touched. It is written by Cyril Ajayi. I would like to share it with you all. Here is the poem:


Is it really love?
or is it just a passing feeling
am I not convinced?
a bit uncertain of the feeling

Is it the way you make me feel?
so warm with joy and laughter
or could it be the happiness
from moments spent together

The lasting bliss, the kiss I miss,
The sweetest thoughts without a touch
The heart that hurts and bears a scar
thinking how far away you are

You're on my mind most of the day
And at night I go to bed and pray
An angel soft and gentle as you
Would make my sweetest dreams come true

Thinking about you alone or in class
Writing your name on my bathroom window glass
Wishing you were here
To love hold and care
Wishing I had you with me
To cherish and to stare

Into your soft and beautiful eyes
As we both travel to the skies
And mingle with the stars above
But is it really love?

And then this morning Martina Mc Bride greets me with her song loudly.

Valentine

If there were no words
No way to speak
I would still hear you

If there were no tears
No way to feel inside
I'd still feel for you

And even if the sun refused to shine
Even if romance ran out of rhyme
You would still have my heart until the end of time
Youre all I need, my love, my valentine

All of my lifeI have been waiting for
All you give to me
Youve opened my eyes
And showed me how to love unselfishly

Ive dreamed of this a thousand times before
But in my dreams I couldnt love you more
I will give you my heart
Until the end of time...
Youre all I need, my love, my valentine

And even if the sun refused to shine
Even if romance ran out of rhyme
You would still have my heart until the end of time
cause all I need is you, my valentine

Youre all I need, my love, my valentine


Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi!! Thank you for visiting my blog. I am very excited to read your comments. Make yourself at home.